Thursday, June 7, 2012

Go Catch Every Armadillo




yeah, I wish it looked better, but I think I'm just gonna upload it.
So, I got a Ukulele the other day and I loooooooooove it soooooooo muchhhhhhhhh. You know how when you're laying in bed about to sleep then suddenly the universe floods your mind with good ideas? The universe told me "Aaron, learn to play the Ukulele." So, I obeyed.
I named it Buddha because when I strum it its like I'm rubbing its belly.
To remember the letters of the strings I made the little phrase "Go Catch Every Armadillo" to remember the order is GCEA.
So, naturally, I decided to draw a picture of me playing Buddha on the back of an armadillasaur.
I think I need to spend more effort in color and lighting. I feel my line work is pretty solid, but from there I kind of fumble around until it looks half-ok like this.

7 comments:

  1. You are so cool. I actually really like the lighting. I wish I were as at one with the universe as YOU are...:)
    Nice job, brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why tank you!!! (the H was left out on purpose so as to be read with an Indian or african accent)
      I'm trying to get better at lighting, but man, its hard!

      Delete
    2. ahaha, yeah! You are welcome, mister sir. :)

      Delete
  2. this is awesome. I love how you drew/painted your jeans. Are you going to be one of those people who walk around campus playing the ukulele between classes? You should compose a theme song for the animation program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly bought it for personal enjoyment. I don't know if I'm ready for public ukulelelaying Its really relaxing to sit back and just strum and sing! its like ma drug.
      and thank you!

      Delete
  3. Holy shnap, Aaron. I love the lighting of your clothes and the fat looking legs of the armadillasaur. You're hilarious and I'm so glad you obeyed the universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you!!! yes, we must always obey the universe....the universe also told me to draw fat armadillasaur legs.

      Delete